Our theme support policy
Regarding the official ThemeForest Item Support Policy (that was implemented since September 1, 2015) the initial item’s support should be limited to a certain period of time, and this period can be increased afterwards.
- Support for a theme has an expiration date;
- When you purchase a theme, you have 6 months of included support by default;
- You can extend theme’s support if it hasn’t expired yet;
- You can renew theme’s support if it has expired;
Read the full information about support options here.
What happens if my support has expired?
There are 2 limitations for customers with expired support, they won’t be able:
- Create new support tickets
- Reply to any existing tickets
How to know when my support expires?
With the Single Sign-On (SSO), it allows synchronization with Envato (ThemeForest), which will permit the platform to calculate when support for a theme expires. For this please do the following steps:
- Go to My Products page and click on “Refresh Purchases” link at the bottom of the list;
- For each of your purchases, you will notice the support expiration date for every theme in the “Supported until” area on the right;
How to renew or extend my support for a theme?
- Simply access ThemeForest’s Kallyas theme page and onto the right side hit the Extend Support button eg: https://hogash.d.pr/n0NC ;
- Or in the dashboard’s My Products page, in each purchase entry, you’ll notice the “RENEW NOW!” button below the “Supported until” label;
Read more information about prices in the Extending and Renewing Support article.
What if I have several theme licenses?
The main thing you should know is that support is related to a theme itself (not to a single license). It means that:
- You don’t have to purchase separate support for every license of one theme.
- If you have several licenses of one theme (e.g. 10 licenses of Kallyas) your support expiration date is based on the latest purchased license.
- Support for one theme doesn’t affect on other themes.
- Issues arising from using any of the theme features and of course bug fixes and feature updates;
- Answering questions about how to use the item;
- Answering technical questions about the item (and included third party assets);
- Help with defects in the item or included third party assets;
- Item updates to ensure ongoing compatibility and to resolve security vulnerabilities;
We don’t Support:
- Item customization or non-standard theme modification.
- Installation of the Item.
- Hosting, server environment, or software .
- Help from authors of included third party assets that were not part of the theme package.
We do our best to monitor the tickets around the clock, however, this is not always possible due to different timezones.
- Forum response time can take up to 36 hours Monday-Friday, but is usually much faster.
- Support team checks all new messages from 10:00 to 19:00 only (GMT+2).
- Support team doesn’t work on Saturday and Sunday (Weekends)
Tips on how to speed up the resolution of your issue
- Try to disable all plugins so we can exclude them from the problem causes list;
- Always look through the theme knowledge base first. Though it’s short and simple, most of the common requests are covered there;
- Before applying any modifications always create backups!
- If you are reporting a bug or asking a question related to some specific page, always provide related page’s URL.
- Please always include the Theme Version Number and any Plugins that you are running.
- When question or bug report is connected with admin area, please provide us the admin credentials. You can create a separate temporary super admin user for us, which you will delete later. We’ll need to know login URL, username and password.
- If your request is connected with some visible errors, a screenshot will help us a lot. For example, here’s a great tool for making screenshots and screencasts.
Our staff members cannot:
- Provide their IP Addresses, under any circumstances.
- Edit their host file to gain access to your installation. You will need to allow access without modifications.
- Provide personal information, such as full names, locations, etc.
- Schedule a specific time to offer support and use screen sharing applications.
- Provide any guarantees when providing support.
- Take responsibility in case any issues arise from trying to provide support.
- Sign non disclosure agreements to gain access to your site.