Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Frequently asked questions and clarifications:
1) What is this Envato Login?#
2) What does “View your account profile details” permission means:#
Means the name and avatar are being pulled from the API eg: http://hogash.d.pr/qYZf . No other details are collected. We wanted our dashboard to look more personal, rather than dull with only a username.
2) What does “Download your purchased items” permission means:#
Because this “View your purchases of the app creator’s items” is the only permitted access, it means downloads are only available for the app creator’s items, which is Kallyas only (item of Hogash ThemeForest account). “Download” is being used by Kallyas theme to pull its updates into WordPress’s Dashboard (> Updates), so users can easily update from backend, rather than manually from FTP. So basically the application has access only to Kallyas theme zip that is hosted on Envato’s cloud servers.
** We already suggested developers of Envato API to rename “Download your purchased items” to “Download App creator’s items” to be clearer. Also in regards to the account details, we suggested Envato API’s developers to check if there’s any way of making more visible and transparent, of what exactly is being pulled (eg: username, name and avatar image).
3) Does this mean my Envato password is used on this dashboard?#
Absolutely not! The benefits of this Single-Sign-In process is that a password is not needed or used (reducing password fatigue). The application will generate an internal unique random encrypted password that can be used to login manually (in case you want to share these credentials to someone else). The password can be changed into the Account details section of our application.
4) Is there any other information being pulled into your application?#
No, no data (especially sensitive) is being pulled or used in our application. The newsletter is only opt-in so you shouldn’t ever receive any mail from us unless you subscribed and opted-in into our newsletter.
5) Can someone else use my Envato login information to login to Envato Account (eg: ThemeForest)?#
Absolutely not! This kind of Single Sign-in process makes this impossible.